UK Broadcast Transmission
Main indexMain GalleryFeaturesInfoTech Wiki
Send in your photosDesktop wallpaperMailing listsFAQsContact
The LibraryTeletextMHPTBSAstrohosts

THE TRANSMISSION GALLERY

GUNTHORPE

Photos by Stuart Cocker Page last updated: 2017-06-22

Gunthorpe Original Site - 1980 and 1983 (interior photos)

As mentioned on subsequent pages, the original Gunthorpe installation was nearer the present ring-road, and was rebuilt about 350 yds to the north west.


We see the original site under construction in 1980, and later in 1983. The NGR was TF189032, with 0.6 kW EMRP on 1332 kHz, and 1.2 kW ERP on 95.7 MHz, with aerial height of 82 m aod.










A fine example of a ring-and-dipole mixed polarisation system. This was lost when the site-move took place.








1983: Harris FM transmitter.






Above: Redifon BT1002 medium wave transmitter, very commonly used at that time by the IBA.


GPO (or probably BT, just, by 1983) termination racks, thought to be manufactured by Plessey.

Gunthorpe index

Please let us know if the photographs for this site need updating or improved detail.
To do so, click here.

Back to TX Gallery index | TX main index

mb21 by Mike Brown
Hosted by Astrohosts
Top